Bed Bug Removal: How To Get Rid Of These Pests?
Bedbugs are brownish, oval, and small insects that reside in the blood of humans and animals. Adult bedbugs have flat-shaped bodies about the size of an apple seed. When bedbugs are fed, their bodies become reddish and swell. These tiny pests don’t fly; they can quickly move over floors, ceilings, and walls.
The female bedbugs lay hundreds of eggs, and each has a size of a dust speck over a lifetime.
Where do bedbugs hide?
Bedbugs enter the home undetected because of their tiny sizes. These pests are undetected in clothing, luggage, used couches and beds, and other items. Bedbugs flattened bodies made it possible for these pests to fit into the tiny spaces, like a credit card width. These pests don’t have nests like bees or ants, but they live in groups in a hidden places.
The primary hiding places are in box springs, mattresses, headboards, and bed frames, where they have access to people to bite during nighttime. Bedbugs live and feed solely on blood. To have them in the home is not a sign of being dirty.
Signs of infestation
When you wake up and feel the itchy areas on any part of your body, you have bedbugs, which are seen in used beds or some other used furniture where they can easily bite people. Here are some signs that you have existing bugs inside the house:
- Blood stains on pillowcases or sheets
- Rusty or dark spots of bedbugs droppings on mattresses and sheets, walls, and bedclothes
- Egg shells, bedbug fecal spots, or shed skins on some areas where they hide
- The musty odor from the scent of the bug glands
When you suspect bedbugs infestation, you must remove the bedding and check carefully for their excrement or signs of the bed bugs singapore. Remove the dust cover on the box’s bottom springs and examine the seams through the wood framing. Peel back the fabric tacked to the wood frame. You may also check the area around the bed, including:
- Inside books
- Telephones or radios
- Carpet edge
- Electrical outlets
You may check the closet and bedbugs attached to the clothing. If uncertain about bedbug signs, you may call an exterminator to know what to look for. When you find some signs of infestation, start steps to get rid of these bedbugs and stop their return.
How to treat bedbugs?
Getting rid of these pests starts with cleaning up places where bedbugs live, which includes:
- Clean bedding, curtains, linens, and clothing in hot water and let them dry.
- Scrub mattress seams to eliminate bedbugs and eggs before you vacuum.
- Vacuum the bed and the surrounding area repeatedly.
- Encase box springs and mattress tightly woven and zip the cover to stop bedbugs from escaping or entering. Bedbugs can live for a year without feeding, so leave them not to get fed to ensure they will be dead.
- Repair cracks to prevent places where bedbugs are hiding.
Get rid of them as much as possible or as early as possible.